Friday, September 3, 2010

I LOVE my bike...

I went on my weekly long ride early this morning - just shy of 100.  I left so early that my goal once I was out the door was to get 20 miles in before the sun came over the ridge.  Success! 

I've done my last two 100 mile long rides alone - without anyone else riding along with me.  Riding by myself wasn't intentional, rather situational.  I've always done long rides with other people, just for moral support if nothing else. 

I have been having a great time riding alone, despite how I thought I'd feel spending 5+ hours with no one to complain to.  I actually think I have a better attitude when it's just me, and the time just flies by.  Wow!  Who knew??

This is what I have found in those 10+ hours alone in the past 2 weeks:  I LOVE MY BIKE.   I am completely infatuated with it.  MY Scott Plazma.  MINE.  She and I are best friends (sorry Tyson).  Last Saturday, I had such crazy, excited emotions about my Plasma that I almost got off of it at about mile 85 and took a picture of myself hugging the core of the frame. 

How weird is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment