Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Racing Season...

It's been a while and a lot has been going on since my last post.  I have been training a LOT... specifically running and riding - I rode a couple of 80+ mile rides, six or seven run 5 10-14 mile runs. 

I did my first triathlon of the season - Tempe International - a few weeks ago.  And, I had a poor showing.  I didn't taper at all, and it was hot, and I had a swimming problem.  The swim was SO bad that a kayaker came up to me to ask me if I needed a break.  REALLY??!!  After 34:58 struggling minutes in the water, I finally made it out.  I sped through transition, got on the bike and felt great - did my bike split in 1:10:28 - one of the fastest .  Then, I finished it up with a 48:16 10K, total time 2:36:17.  4th in my age group and 29th female.  UGH!  Very frustrating!

This very poor swimming showing motivated me to sign up for Masters Swimming... two weeks of masters swimming and i was feeling pretty good...

Raced Tribal Sprint Triathlon this last Saturday morning.  This race in 2009 was my first triathlon.  And this particular race is geared towards swimmers - the sprint swim is 1000m, where most sprint races are 400-600m or 750m.  I just went out to give it my best shot and ended up 6th overall female and won my age group!  With a total time of 1:27:56!  I was 24th of 75 out of the water (WOW!  Huge improvement for me!), 4th on the bike and 6th on the run.  FABULOUS!  Very exciting for me, and I beat my 2009 time by... drum roll are you ready for this... 13 minutes!!!!!  (Last year I finished in 1:41:00).  Wow.  What a great feeling!  And, last year I was 73rd of 90 out of the water - wow.

Prepping for this weekend's half Ironman at Deuces Wild in Show Low, AZ.  I'm looking forward to it. I'll report back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment